Fragomen is the market leader in business immigration services. Associates are responsible for assisting managers and the Partner with successful delivery of the team’s output of work. The Associate acts as a reference point for day-to-day questions and should be a source of technical expertise for other members within the team.
JOB TITLE: Associate, Netherlands Team
Fragomen is the market leader in business immigration services. This is our area of specialisation and we deliver global solutions to numerous corporate clients. We are headquartered in the US and have 44 offices in 20 countries worldwide, supported by more than 3,000 immigration professionals and staff- including more than 300 attorneys, solicitors, or comparable immigration professionals. These resources allow us to provide strategic and effective immigration solutions in over 170 countries around the globe.
Associates are responsible for assisting managers and the Partner with successful delivery of the team’s output of work, reporting to the managers responsible for the team. This includes, but is not limited to, day-to-day liaison with clients, allocating work within the team, monitoring work flows, and reporting on the performance of the team. The Associate acts as a reference point for day-to-day questions and should be a source of technical expertise for other members within the team. They should identify training and development needs for other team members as appropriate and suggest development outcomes to team managers. The Associate should act as a role model for more junior members of staff, assisting them to develop their core competencies to the level required. For this position the ideal candidate will have Global Mobility experience and will have a broad understanding of expat assignments, including some Dutch employment law knowledge and experience with the 30% Ruling. Immigration law experience is desirable but not strictly required.
• Direct responsibility for client service, including end-to-end case management
• First level supervision and mentoring of less experienced Consultants, including review of email drafts to clients and precedent documentation
• Exercise judgment in identifying and escalating matters to managers’ attention and above, as appropriate
• Work with managers to provide the necessary training to Consultants
• Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge, techniques and skills
• Research corporate clients’ markets by industry/sector
• Fluent understanding of and ability to execute service delivery according to client – specific protocols and service level agreements
• Fluent understanding of immigration technical legal concepts and terminology
• Fluent understanding of the compliance function within large corporate organisations and the inter-relation between immigration compliance and the broader HR functions
• Identify and evaluate service delivery short-falls in process service delivery coordination models , develop and implement solutions together with managers
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Knowledge of Dutch corporate migration regulations and experience with foreign employees, trainees and private clients in a law firm or legal environment
• Dutch Attorney (advocaat) admitted to Dutch bar for at least 2-3 years
• Able to plan workload often with conflicting deadlines, able to meet deadlines and priorities for own work taking into account delivery expectations and agreed client service standards
• Proven ability to generate clear, well-organized written work and to effectively express draft written communication in an articulate and polished manner (primarily in English)
• Strong listening skills
• Accurate work style; focus on details
• Language skills: Fluency in Dutch and English