OVER DEZE VACATURE
Exciting legal position at one on the world's leading financial groups.
You will be responsible for Corporate Secretary activities ( in cooperation with the current Corporate Secretary) support of the Management Board and Supervisory Board, in accordance with agreed standards and in adherence with all relevant internal and external regulatory/statutory requirements for MUFG Bank (Europe) NV (“MBE”). As part of the Legal & Corporate Governance Division, you will also be contributing to the Governance framework and providing Legal documentation and advisory service.
The Legal team is based in Amsterdam and consists of a Head of Legal, Corporate Secretary, and three other (Senior) Legal Counsels.
- Keep abreast of changes in Corporate Governance law, regulations and market practice as it affects banking activities and ensure such changes are implemented throughout the organization
- Timely reporting of matters as per regulatory requirements
- Corporate law advisory to MBE (incl. subsidiaries and branches) and MUFG Group entities in the Netherlands, maintinaing licenses and passporting
- Employment law and Works Councils
- Maintain key corporate documents and records
- Manage rules and procedures pertaining to the Managing Board and Supervisory Board including the Corporate Secretary Manual and Corporate Calendar
- Serve as a focal point for communication and engagement on corporate governance issues
- Monitor corporate governance developments and assist the Boards in tailoring governance practices to meet the Board's needs
- All above responsibilities should be performed in compliance with the MUFG Group’s common & internal rules, standards, and reporting requirements, together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements, where appropriate implementing actions to protect MBE’s at all times
- Identify, review and where appropriate implement improvements to processes / procedures / systems related to the role.
MUFG Bank Europe N.V. (MBE) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), one of the largest ranked financial groups in the world in terms of assets, offering a wide range of financial services, including commercial banking, trust banking, securities services, project finance, consumer finance and asset management. The MBE subsidiary based in the Netherlands is the Headquarter of continental Europe. The growing network of branches is managed from Amsterdam.
- Master law degree
- Minimum of three years in a similar function or relevant area
- International legal experience is an advantage
- In depth knowledge and work experience in corporate and employment laws and regulations within Banking or a law firm
- Experience in managing legal change projects, involving various processes and stakeholders
- In depth knowledge of principles and practice of Dutch and European banking law and regulatory rules would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel