Over deze vacature
The Global Competition Counsel will serve as a member of a team of 8 legal & compliance professionals located in the Netherlands (EU HQs) and Spain, that is responsible for providing legal support for all legal matters to the European companies of ICL Group, a multinational chemical manufacturing company. This position will report directly to the General Counsel Europe, as well as – indirectly – to ICL’s Global Compliance Officer.
The Global Competition Counsel will be responsible for:
• Providing ICL’s businesses (pro-active) advice on competition law matters which are highly impacting ICL’s revenues and strategy
• Stay in close contact with Global BU Heads and regularly update ICL’s Global
• Executive Committee
• Providing strategic guidance to the global M&A team on (potential) transactions
• Interact with and provide (pro-active) commercial legal support, on a global level, to legal counsel as well as directly to the business. Responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating all types of legal documents with a competition angle, such as joint venture, purchase, supply, agency and distribution agreements
• Support legal counsel and business on competition law aspects of disputes and litigation
• Support the business with any investigations or information requests from competition authorities relating to (third party) M&A transactions, cartel investigations and state-aid matters
• As Global Compliance Program Leader for Antitrust you will be heading ICL’s global antitrust compliance program with team members in Israel, Asia and the Americas
Core responsibilities are to identify and manage competition law risks for ICL’s businesses globally, to further develop ICL’s global antitrust program and to provide competition law training (computer-based and face-to-face) to global legal teams and to the business
• Create legal awareness on competition issues and draft relevant legal templates
• Liaise with and monitor (international) external advisors
• Keep up with new legislation, market developments and proactively advise management on this
ICL, a global manufacturer of products based on unique minerals, fulfils humanity’s essential needs, primarily in three markets: agriculture, food and engineered materials.
Today’s global environment is characterized by several “mega trends” that are occurring simultaneously. These trends include: Boost in the demand for higher quality food in greater quantities: the world’s population is growing and more than seven billion people currently live on earth. This growth trend is due to continue, and there will be two billion additional people on earth by 2050. This phenomenon is greatly enhanced by the fact that alongside the increase in the number of people in the world, arable land is limited, and a larger quantity of agricultural produce must be grown in each area. Continuous increase of the middle class: a rise in the standard of living of billions of people around the world also entails changes in eating habits – more varied and richer food consumption – alongside a greater demand for various products, including necessities and leisure products. The growing middle-class consumption is expected to almost double within a decade. The increase in the world’s population and a rise in the standard of living have resulted in a significant increase in the consumption of energy, water and a variety of vital minerals, especially bromine, phosphate, and potash.
We offer a challenging fulltime role in a dynamic and culture rich environment. You will be part of a broad global network of legal professionals within ICL and in that capacity, you will be working in cross-border teams to enable business. We always strive to be the best and encourage everyone who works with us to excel. We also embrace diversity, give people the latitude to express themselves and value differing opinions. We offer a great remuneration package and variety in career opportunities national or international.
• Master of Laws Degree
• Between 7 and 10 years of relevant working experience within a fast paced and demanding international environment as a commercial lawyer in a law firm and/or experience as an in-house counsel with a specific focus on competition law.
• Business oriented and dedicated team player with a pragmatic approach
Organized, proactive and an approachable person with a hands-on mentality
Eager, result driven and a true problem solver
• Able to work independently, take ownership of and resolve issues
• Preferably experience in leading global compliance programs
• Excellent social and communication skills in English, both written and verbal (German, French, Spanish or Dutch are preferable)