Wat je gaat doen
As IP Paralegal you will be part of the ambitious IP Legal team located in Amsterdam Zuidas . The team consists of 3 people in total, namely the Brand & IP Protection Manager and the Global Head of IP. You will be responsible for assisting your direct colleagues with brand and technology protection, which means that you will focus on the management and enforcement of trademark, domain name and patent portfolios, engaging regularly with outside legal counsel and service providers. In your daily work, you will not only be an important member of the IP team, but you will also work cross-functionally with many operating companies within the Naspers Group, building relationships with their legal, marketing and technology development teams around the world. Furthermore, you will be responsible for managing the accounts payable and invoicing workflow and will occasionally provide light administrative support. You will report directly to the Global Head of IP.
Your daily activities therefore consist of:
• Conducting trademark searches;
• Interfacing with external service providers to manage prosecution of trademark and domain name portfolios;
• Assisting with the enforcement of trademark rights against third parties;
• Managing the invention submission process and supporting the prosecution of patent portfolios of operating companies;
• Facilitating the completion of IP-related formalities;
• Assisting with the preparation of presentations.
Wat we vragen
You are a positive and service-minded paralegal. You are highly motivated, have got a hands-on mentality and excellent organizational skills. Besides, you are a real team player, have got great attention to detail and you have/are:
• A HBO or WO degree, preferably in Law;
• 3+ years of working experience (including internships) in a law firm or in-house legal department in the field of trademark searches and prosecution;
• Solid command of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
Wat we bieden
As IP Paralegal with Naspers you will get the chance to work within a dynamic, international organization. You will get the possibility to fulfill your position with a lot of independence and responsibility and will get the chance to develop new personal and career skills. Besides, Naspers offers:
• A competitive salary;
• A performance bonus;
• A non-contributory pension;
• A non-contributory health insurance;
• Extensive growth and career opportunities.
Naspers is a global consumer internet group and one of the largest technology investors in the world. Operating and investing in countries and markets across the world with long-term growth potential, Naspers builds leading companies that empower people and enrich communities. The group operates and partners a number of leading internet businesses across the Americas, Africa, Central and Eastern Europe, and Asia in sectors including online classifieds, food delivery, payments, travel, education, health, and social and internet platforms.
Every day, millions of people use the products and services of companies that Naspers has invested in, acquired or built, including Avito, Brainly, BYJU’S, Codecademy, eMAG, Honor, iFood, letgo, Media24, Movile, OLX, PayU, SimilarWeb, Swiggy, Takealot and Udemy.
Similarly, hundreds of millions of people have made the platforms of its associates a part of their daily lives: Tencent, Mail.ru, MakeMyTrip Limited and DeliveryHero.
Today, Naspers companies and associates help improve the lives of around a fifth of the world’s population. Naspers actively searches for new opportunities to partner exceptional entrepreneurs who are using technology to address big societal needs.
Naspers has a primary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (NPN.SJ) and a secondary listing on the A2X Exchange in South Africa and has an ADR listing on the London Stock Exchange.