MessageBird is a Cloud Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) company for SMS, Voice and Chat communications that connects businesses to 7 billion phones worldwide and we’re growing fast. We are redefining telecom as a global player in a space where regulations are highly complex and assuring worldwide compliance is one of our main priorities. To help us stay ahead of upcoming national and international rules and regulations, we’re looking for a Junior Legal Associate – Regulatory Compliance to join our ambitious and international legal team!
As a Junior Legal Associate you need to keep pace with a fast-moving company, while keeping your cool. You will develop the necessary research and work with the legal team to make sure all our services and products remain compliant with the applicable laws and regulations.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working in Amsterdam. We push each other to be our absolute best, and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed to come work with every morning.
Are you the cool-headed and detail-oriented legal professional that we’re looking for?
• Research, analyse and comprehend national and international telecom and compliance laws, regulations and codes of conduct applicable to MessageBird’s services
• Report regularly regarding status of Regulatory Compliance worldwide
• Assist the legal department with applications for telecommunications licenses and numbering resources, or any other legal matters
• Keep up with new developments in regulatory compliance worldwide
• Help the legal department to create awareness and advise MessageBird internally, including the security, engineering, HR, sales and any other teams
• Contribute to make sure a solid regulatory compliance framework is safeguarded within the whole company
• Attend (international) calls, meetings and events
Skills and Qualifications
• Legal degree
• 2+ years of relevant working experience in regulatory compliance, at either a law firm or an in-house legal department of an international company
• Well organised, stress-resistant and autonomous – able to work both independently as well as in multidisciplinary teams
• Excellent oral communication and writing skills in English and at least one additional language (preferably German)
• Able to follow procedures while also able to think outside-the-box
• Eager to find pragmatic innovative solutions, while ensuring compliance
• Responsible, hands-on, analytical and flexible
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities under tight deadlines
• Great understanding of IT processes, the technology industry and trends related to the telecom sector
• Experience in Telecom will be considered an advantage
Work with us and build the data driven telecom company of the future! MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you meet these requirements, apply! We look forward to your application letter and resume.
** Please: submit your CV and cover letter in English **