OVER DEZE VACATURE
A responsible position in a growing social impact investment company.
Cordaid Investment Management B.V. (CIMBV) is looking for a Legal Assistant to strengthen the investment team.
• Checks and controls workflow processes as laid down in Cordaid Investments policies and manual, and controls if investments criteria on portfolio level, fund level and project level (of individual investments) are compliant;
• Takes care of proper administration and documentation of compliance of processes/criteria regarding relevant CIMBV documentation and management information system;
• Reviews legal documentation such as terms sheets and contracts, before signing and disbursements, on accuracy with policy and completeness.
Cordaid believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. The organisation strives for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. Cordaid stands for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion divide societies, Cordaid connects people and communities. Cordaid stands for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders. Cordaids makes a difference where it is most needed.
CIMBV, the investment management branch of Cordaid Foundation, has demonstrated for more than 20 years that it is possible to create scalable and sustainable social impact in fragile contexts. CIMBV combines the unique ability to finance partners with debt instruments, equity and grants in fragile countries across three continents. CIMBV has EUR 80 million of assets under management, predominantly investments in microfinance institutions (MFIs) and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) with a social mission.
• A responsible position in a growing social impact investment company;
• A varied role in a divers, international team of 22 colleagues where initiative is encouraged;
• Good working conditions, including flexible working hours;
• A market conform salary, depending on relevant work experience;
• A position for 1 year with the intention to extend.
• Bachelor degree in law;
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in international contract law, business economics or business administration. Previous experience in banking/investments is considered as a great asset;
• Ability to critically review regulations and legal opinions and identify relevant issues for consideration of CIMBV;
• Social and communication skills;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
• Fluent in English verbal and in writing; French and Spanish is an asset;
• Affinity with mission, vision and goals of Cordaid Investments.