MessageBird is a Cloud Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) company for SMS, Voice and Chat communications that connects businesses to 7 billion phones worldwide and we’re growing fast. We are redefining telecom as a global player in a space where regulations are highly complex. As one of the fastest growing tech companies, we are looking to expand our ambitious and international Legal Team with an experienced Legal Associate.
As a Legal Associate you need to keep pace with a fast-moving company, while keeping your cool. You will develop the necessary research and work with the legal team to make sure all our services and products remain compliant and our contracts are solid.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working in Amsterdam. We push each other to be our absolute best, and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed to come work with every morning.
Are you the cool-headed and detail-oriented legal professional that we’re looking for?
• Draft, review, manage and negotiate a wide variety of legal documents
• Engage with external and internal stakeholders worldwide and make sure solid and reliable contractual relationships are established in a timely manner
• Be a legal representation of MessageBird towards several external parties
• Research, analyse and comprehend (international) telecom laws, regulations and codes of conduct, applicable to MessageBird’s services
• Create processes and procedures to support our rapidly-growing, global business
• Help the legal department to create awareness and advise MessageBird internally, including the security, engineering, HR, sales and any other teams
• Find balance between speed and accuracy
• Attend (international) calls, meetings and events
Skills and Qualifications
• A Dutch law degree and 3-5 years relevant working experience gained at a law firm or in-house legal department of an international company
• Well organised, stress-resistant and autonomous – able to work both independently as well as in multidisciplinary teams
• Responsible, representative and eager to take ownership of tasks appointed to you
• Able to follow procedures while also able to think creatively and outside-the-box
• Proven ability to provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice and to properly balance risks and business reward
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities under tight time deadlines;
• Proven experience with commercial contracts and experience in Telecom will be considered an advantage
• Excellent oral communication and writing skills in Dutch, English and preferably other languages
• Full time availability
Work with us and build the data driven telecom company of the future! MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you meet these requirements, apply! We look forward to your application letter and resume.