Over deze vacature
Exciting opportunity at HQ legal department in Amsterdam.
For the legal department of Stage with the HQ in Amsterdam, consisting of 3 enthusiastic Legal Counsels and a paralegal, led by an experienced Group Director Enabling Services (HR and Legal) we would like to connect with an ambitious Legal Counsel who is interested in a challenging role.
You will be the point of contact for the business (in the Netherlands and throughout the world). An important part of your time will be spent on drafting, reviewing, negotiating of contracts, which include commercial contracts, investment contracts, lease agreements, ticketing agreements. Furthermore, you will be monitoring (together with the Group Director Enabling Services and the paralegal) the obligations under the global financing and security package as well as mitigating risks, ensuring compliance thereof, and creating awareness within the operating entities. In conjunction with the paralegal, you will be involved in the corporate activities throughout the Stage Entertainment Group. In addition, you will advise in the area of privacy, data protection and insurance. Important part of the role is to provide pro-active, pragmatic, practical and analytical legal advice.
Founded in 1998 by Dutch television and theatre entrepreneur Joop van den Ende, Stage Entertainment is one of the world’s largest theatre producers and owners. The company has earned a reputation as a first-class theatrical production company focusing on Europe. With offices in the Netherlands, Germany, the United Kingdom, Spain, Russia, France, Italy and the United States, the group produces some of the best-known titles in musical theatre. The company stages licensed productions from its world-renowned partners as well as new, original productions created entirely in-house and in addition exploits 20 owned and leased theatres. Stage Entertainment employs more than 3,000 people worldwide, and over 7 million visitors attend a Stage Entertainment production every year, annual turnover > €500m with ambitious growth plans. Today the brand is widely known for the exceptional quality of its shows and the warm hospitality extended to its audiences.
• International company with ambitious growth strategy;
• Energetic hands on team with pragmatic lawyers;
• Interesting brought role with own responsibilities and room for own initiatives;
• Commercial and dynamic environment with direct links to the business.
• Qualified LL.M lawyer (Dutch, UK or German);
• At least 3-4 years of relevant experience gained as a lawyer at a top tier firm and or as an in-house counsel with an international operating company;
• Sound knowledge of commercial and corporate contracts;
• Team player, pro-active smart lawyer and good negotiator with a pragmatic approach and determined to achieve high-quality results;
• Fluent writing and speaking skills in Dutch and English;
• Fluent in German is a pre (not a must).