The Statkraft Group Legal Department currently consists of about 40 lawyers and has offices in Oslo, London, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Düsseldorf, Tirana, Istanbul, Delhi, Lima, Florianopolis and Santiago. The group is currently looking for a senior lawyer to join Statkraft Legal in Amsterdam, as a means to strengthen the international trading and origination business of Statkraft.
Over deze vacature
Challenging opportunity for a Senior Legal Counsel, with both US and Dutch law background, at Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy.
The Statkraft Group Legal Department currently consists of about 40 lawyers and has offices in Oslo, London, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Düsseldorf, Tirana, Istanbul, Delhi, Lima, Florianopolis and Santiago. The group is currently looking for a senior lawyer to join Statkraft Legal in Amsterdam, as a means to strengthen the international trading and origination business of Statkraft. The new Senior Legal Counsel team member will be a significant contributor to all key stages of commercial business, from advising on the regulatory framework and developing the business ideas, including the contractual framework for implementation, to deal negotiation and execution. Legal works in close cooperation with Statkraft businesses all over the European continent and beyond, facilitating transactions, while ensuring appropriate legal risk management. The new Senior Legal Counsel is expected to collaborate closely with especially front office staff in Amsterdam and San Francisco.
- Advise on regulatory regimes, including and in relation to renewable energy in Europe and in North America (primarily the USA)
- Negotiate standard commodity trading framework agreements (e.g. single trade agreements and master agreements)
- Assist in the development and negotiation of bespoke trading and origination transactions
- Support the front office teams with regards to any other legal matter in relation to the trading and origination activities, such as notifications to authorities, obtaining of licenses, power exchange or clearing bank issues, claims, etc.
- Conduct thorough regulatory and compliance review on new business lines and transaction types
- Advise on legal risk, including providing input to Risk Management and senior management
- Instruct and manage the work of external counsel when and where appropriate
- Create and implement comprehensive and efficient processes to maintain and stay up to date with required aspects of regulatory compliance
Statkraft, 100% owned by the State of Norway, is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. Since 1998 the company expanded its activities outside Norway and has become a leading European trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates as well as a broad range of structured products. Statkraft is one of the larger players and service providers in managing distributed energy generation in for example the UK and Germany. Statkraft consists of 3800 committed and ambitious colleagues sharing a passion for renewable energy.
- Professional and personal development in a financially stable company with a clear and long term ambition to be an important part of the fast changing energy business
- Opportunity to help grow Statkraft’s newly-formed North American/US business
- A working environment characterized by professionalism, collegiality, responsibility and motivation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment
- Qualified lawyer, preferably with both US and Dutch law background (ex: JD, LLM, or Bar Exam) (US lawyer having worked in the Netherlands or vice versa), with five years of professional experience within an international law firm or in a multinational energy company.
- Experience in drafting contracts, ideally energy related ones such as PPAs and certificates trading agreements
- Knowledge of energy regulation
- Excellent English skills; another language such as Dutch, German or French is an advantage
- Result driven, self-starter and able to take initiative
- Ability to balance legal and commercial objectives
- Good team player
- High level of personal integrity
- Willingness to work across geographies and time zones